Working in real estate means dealing with large sums of money on a regular basis. That's true whether you:
• run a real estate agency employing commissioned salespeople
• manage commercial or residential real estate for clients
• handle the accounts of a housing association
• run a building construction firm
• manage an investment trust
• provide residential sales and lettings services
In these roles, well-managed real estate accounting can make all the difference. Mistakes could cost you (or your clients) a lot of money.
Given the complex nature of real estate accounting, you need to use the right tool for the job. This isn't something that can be managed using a spreadsheet. That's not what spreadsheets were designed to do.
You need software that's easy to use yet capable of handling all your transactions. By choosing smart online cloud accounting software you can:
• Update your accounts securely from anywhere, even when on-site with clients
• Quickly and easily share real-time financial data with your accountant or bookkeeper
• Track your portfolio’s performance from anywhere, anytime – on any device
• Reduce your IT overheads – no servers required
• Benefit from powerful report features
Like many aspects of business, your level of preparation influences your chances of success. Choosing the right accounting software will save you time, hassle and money as your business grows. Ensure you weigh up your options before you decide – it will make all the difference to your portfolio performance.
Find out more about how you can run your business with Xero’s simple and powerful online accounting software. Get in touch with us for a free 30-day trial.
Finance and Business Advisory Team Leader