Frequently Asked Questions
What is the timeline for response to client issues?
We endeavour to respond to our client’s queries on a ‘24 hour client response’ policy
How will you conduct the assignment now that we are working from home?
In respect to the ongoing measures to curb the spread of COVID 19, we have adapted to a remote working platform to enable an online undertaking of all assignments except for special circumstances which shall be reviewed on a case by case basis. Our response to COVID 19 is as follows:
COVID 19 protocols
We recognize the prevailing circumstances of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) as a potential risk amid our daily affairs. It is the new normal that has changed the way things are done. Individuals and businesses must adapt and adopt new ways of doing things.
With the ongoing nationwide spread, KKCO East Africa has put in place measures to curb the rapid increase of the numbers, and in the process, help flatten the curve.
We have also ensured that we continue to have a seamless operation without any alteration to the quality of our services and at the same time assuring all our stakeholders (staff, clients, suppliers, and the general public) of the safety of our working conditions.
Furthermore, we have ensured that our engagements endeavor to comply with the regulations put in place by the Directorate of Safety and Health (DOSH) and the Ministry of Health (MoH). Our response to the pandemic is as shown below.
Remote working and virtual operations
- We have initiated a remote working program that enables our staff to deliver on the job from home. In special circumstances and on-demand basis, we have enabled a few staff to have physical access to our offices on a need basis as a social distance mechanism. Consequently, we have adopted both Microsoft Teams and Zoom meeting rooms for our client meetings and interactions as well as accept scanned documents through our official emails for verification and review. We also engage the teams through telephone conversations where need be.
- As a best practice, we have made it easy for our employees to feel comfortable reporting their symptoms and encourage them to stay home if they or someone in their household is symptomatic. Additionally, non-essential business travel to certain regions is currently restricted.
- Our staff has signed a non-disclosure agreement/confidentiality agreement that protects the health information of any fellow staff within and without the firm. Therefore, inappropriate viewing or sharing of individuals’ health information warrants disciplinary action.
- We continue to engage in active mitigation, by reminding our staff to follow common virus safety practices (hand washing, wearing of masks, keeping social distance, etc.) and to remember the big picture, if an employee suspects that they or someone they have met may be symptomatic, they are encouraged to inform the KKCO leadership.
How do I channel my complaints if it is not addressed to my satisfaction?
We encourage you to escalate your concerns to the partner in charge. We have enlisted our partners’ contacts on the home page of this website.
Are your training approved by ICPAK?
Yes, our trainings are approved by ICPAK for accreditation with CPD hours. We shall communicate on a case by case basis soon as a training plan has been launched.
Are you registered with NITA? How can I lodge my claim after attending trainings conducted by your team?
- Yes, we are registered with NITA for all trainings.
- All our trainers are also approved by NITA to enable participants obtain claims